This caramel popcorn is a treat reminiscent of carnivals, concessions, and carefree days along a Vintage Boardwalk. With its sweet & salty taste and crunchy texture, Vintage Boardwalk Caramel Popcorn is a classic treat for just about every occasion!
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
½ tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
- Pop popcorn and place in large bowl. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil around the edges.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil and boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Stir well (mixture will foam).
- Slowly pour caramel mixture over popcorn, stirring constantly, covering popcorn thoroughly.
- Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Spread caramel popcorn on cookie sheets and bake at 150 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Jenny L., Kimberbell Marketing Writing Associate