After thoughtful consideration, we are pleased to announce virtual events will be extended to our Certified Shops and their customers indefinitely.
The apprehension many shop owners felt as most of the industry went online is understandable. More incredible still are those who have embraced this new way of doing business, effectively growing their customer base. We have watched those businesses flourish.
What does this mean for shops?
Certified Shops can now offer their events virtually as well as in-store.
When can I offer a virtual event?
You can start offering events immediately and indefinitely.
How should I price my virtual event?
We continue to implement the MAP pricing policy for virtual events. The registration fee for any VIRTUAL Kimberbell event should be no lower than the following prices:
Spark Events: $59
1-Day Events: $99
2-Day Events: $159
Kimberbell event project kits can NOT be sold through Amazon, or Etsy.
How do I host the virtual event?
You can host your event via Zoom, Facebook live, Facebook groups or rooms, Google Hangouts, or whatever platform you feel the most comfortable using. A social media marketing kit is available and unique to each event theme. These social media marketing kits can be found on your instructor CD or by contacting our Relationship Management team. Upon request, Kimberbell will provide pre-recorded videos of Kim teaching the event projects as indicated below. It is not required to use these videos during your event. They are simply a tool to use if you’d like.
All Kimberbell Certified events can be hosted virtually. Please schedule your event with Kimberbell to reserve your kits!
- Sugar Plum Jubilee: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Vintage Flora: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Day at the Fair: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Kimberbell’s Kitchen: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Winter Wonderland: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Star Spangled Celebration
- The Garden Guild Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Summer Nights Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Home Sweet Haunted Home (Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell coming July 2021)
What is dropship and how does it work?
If your area is under COVID restrictions and you can’t be at your shop to ship event project kits to customers, Kimberbell will drop ship kits for you. For each project kit drop shipped, a fee of $15 will be added to each per attendee rate. Please take this into account when determining your registration fee.
How should I structure a virtual event?
A virtual event must be scheduled with your Kimberbell Relationship Manager following the four-hour, 1-day, and 2-day event format. A virtual event should have a start time, end time, with a structured schedule and check-in points with customers throughout the event. Selling kits and sending previously recorded events is not in line with the intention of the event program which is to provide an experience for your customers that will help you sell products and machines. We know the value of a Kimberbell event that your customers have come to expect can be maintained by following these guidelines. You may even consider sending an itinerary to your customers before you begin your virtual event.
How to Host a Virtual Event