After thoughtful consideration, we are pleased to announce virtual events will be extended to our Certified Shops and their customers indefinitely.
The apprehension many shop owners felt as most of the industry went online is understandable. More incredible still are those who have embraced this new way of doing business, effectively growing their customer base. We have watched those businesses flourish.
What does this mean for shops?
Certified Shops can now offer their events virtually as well as in-store.
When can I offer a virtual event?
You can start offering events immediately and indefinitely.
How should I price my virtual event?
We continue to implement the MAP pricing policy for virtual events. The registration fee for any VIRTUAL Kimberbell event should be no lower than the following prices:
Spark Events: $59
1-Day Events: $99
2-Day Events: $159
Kimberbell event project kits can NOT be sold through Amazon, or Etsy.
How do I host the virtual event?
Kimberbell is providing pre-recorded videos of Kim teaching for the following events:
- Winter Wonderland (2-day)
- Spooky Soiree (1-day)
- Sugar Plum Jubilee (Spark)
- Vintage Flora (Spark)
- Day at the Fair (1-day)
- Tis the Season to Sparkle (1-day)
- Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice (1-day)
- Kimberbell’s Kitchen (2-day)
You can host your event via Zoom, Facebook live, Facebook groups or rooms, Google Hangouts, or whatever platform works for you. You will also receive a social media marketing kit unique to each event theme. It is not required to use these videos during your event. They are simply a tool to use if you’d like.
Which events can we host virtually?
All Kimberbell Certified events can be hosted virtually through December 31, 2020 while supplies last.
- Sugar Plum Jubilee: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Vintage Flora: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Tis the Season to Sparkle: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available soon.
- Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Spooky Soiree: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available soon.
- Day at the Fair: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Kimberbell’s Kitchen: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Oh Happy Day: Retired. Host virtually while supplies last
- Winter Wonderland: Instruction videos & social media marketing kit from Kimberbell available now.
- Sewin’ With My Gnomies
- Star Spangled Celebration
- The Garden Guild (coming 2021)
- Summer Nights (coming 2021)
- Home Sweet Haunted Home (coming 2021)
How does dropship work during lockdown?
If you yourself are on lockdown and can’t be at your shop to ship event project kits to customers, Kimberbell will drop ship kits for you. For each project kit drop shipped, a fee of $15 will be added to each per attendee rate. Please take this into account when determining your registration fee.
How should I structure a virtual event?
A virtual event must be scheduled with a Kimberbell Event Coordinator following the four-hour, 1-day, and 2-day event format. A virtual event should have a start time, end time, with a structured schedule and check-in points with customers throughout the event. Selling kits and sending previously recorded events is not in line with the intention of the event program which is to provide an experience for your customers that will help you sell product and machines. We know the value of a Kimberbell event that your customers have come to expect can be maintained by following these guidelines. You may even consider sending an itinerary to your customers before you begin your virtual event.
How to Host a Virtual Event
Virtual Event Resources
“They are the best thing to grow my business. I now have committed customers from all over!”
“Customers love the opportunity to participate from home. The majority love to not have to pack up and bring their machines to class.”
“I believe Kimberbell Events are the best way to show people embroidery and learn how to have fun creating with embroidery. We have sold a lot of machines after hosting an event.”
““The virtual option is fantastic for shops and for customers. We are reaching people who wouldn’t have been able to attend events due to distance. We are thrilled to offer the 2021 events virtually. If these go away, it will hurt the consumer and the shop which trickles down to Kimberbell.”
“The virtual events have sent our sales through the roof! Our lead Kimberbell Educator has expanded our customer base and converted some of our long time customers into Kimberbell fans! Our customers LOVE staying at home and not lugging machines into the shop. This has been a great thing for our shop! Thank you!”
“We are a very small shop with my husband and I running the shop, and two part timers a few hours a week. My customers love virtual. We want to continue as many are at risk, do not have a local shop, or have heavy machines. We have embraced the virtual opportunity and it has paid off for us.”