You’ve heard of Mug Rugs. You’ve maybe even heard of Mug Hugs. But have you ever tried a Mug Cake? Named for Kimberbell’s Winter Wonderland Machine Embroidery Event, our Mug Cake is warm and sweet and takes just five minutes from start to finish. The texture is more like a pancake or a sponge cake, rather than a traditional cake. Top with whipped cream, toffee bits, or even add peanut butter for a shot of extra yum!
1/2 cup + 4 Tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup + 4 tbsp. milk
1 1/4 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp. melted butter (salted)
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Stir milk and vanilla extract together. Melt butter, then add milk, vanilla, and butter to dry ingredients.
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a large, microwave-safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes.
- Add favorite toppings such as whipped cream, toffee bits, caramel, chocolate chips, and more.
Recipe submitted by Audrey B., Kimberbell Marketing Specialist